Wednesday, October 31, 2012

HCW Day #3-2nd Post


Julie Ebersole demonstrated the most
gorgeous Faux Fresco technique
in the Holiday Card Workshop today!
I do not have the right kind of embossing
folder to mimic her technique but I did
remember I had done some foil
tape over AC Thickers one time.
Added some lettuce & cranberry 
alcohol ink, some blending solution and
came up with this card.



About the only thing that is similar to
her example is that I have embossed letters
on my main panel and snowflakes on the
edges!  I am thinking I really need to
buy that Sizzix Christmas Words folder!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Tell me more of how you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I place the alphabet letters on a piece of cardboard and then cover them with foil tape you can buy at a hardware store. Take the end of a paintbrush and gently "trace" around each letter. Put some alcohol inks of your choice onto a felt pad, add some blending solution and dab it onto the foil. Using paint on foil and then wiping off the extra gives a cool finish, too.

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!