Sunday, October 14, 2012

SSIC Tree Challenge

Stampin' Sisters in Christ's
Challenge #161 is based on
the verse from Psalm 52:10,
"But I am like an olive tree flourishing
 in the house of God;
I trust in God's unfailing love
 for ever and ever."

So the challenge is to use
the image of a tree on a project.
I stamped and embossed the
evergreen and then "added"
the snow with my VersaMark pen
and white embossing powder.

To me, the tree represents
the cross of Christ that always
offers new life and the
text behind it is filled with
the word "love".  What
better way to celebrate
Christmas than remembering
that Christ came to earth
ultimately to die on the
cross to pay for our sins
so we could have new
life with God forever!!


I am also going to enter this into
this week's Word Art Wednesday
 Challenge #49.
Thanks for stopping by!!


 

4 comments:

  1. How funny, I thought about you today, Gwen. I was over at Marsha D.'s blog today (Entry #43 at WAW) and her card made me think of you for some reason. So, I prayed for you today. I hope you're doing well, and thanks so much for sharing your card with us in this week's challenge. Have a blessed week!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and meaningful card!! If I received it, I would just love it! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the warmth of your design, and of course the beautiful message. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Gwen - it is always lovely to see you! WHat wonderful words from the heart - love your card - your tree is wonderful - perfect for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge! Thank you for your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!