Friday, August 17, 2012

08.17.12 FWF

I'll be honest, Friday snuck up on me!
And then when I typed my heading I
said outloud, "it's the 17th already"?
I feel the need to make time
slow down....but I don't know how
to make that happen....is it an age thing?
More about that later!

It's Friends With Flair Friday!!
Go HERE to the Unity Blog for all the details.

My first card is one I had made
awhile ago but I needed a baby girl
card for my grand-niece, Kelsey.
I added the Itty Bitty
Delight in the Little Things
baby carriage.
Butterflies from Bevy of Butterflies set


 I'm kinda into making
Christmas cards.  This quilting idea is from
Kristina Werner's blog HERE.
This card is for a Anything Goes
challenge at Crafting By Designs.

BG's Wassail 6 x 6 paper pad
Stamp from Bright & Merry Winter Wishes

And now, about that age thing...
I'll be turning the big 5-0 in September!
Loving life and want to share the joy,
so here's the deal:
Comment on as many of my posts as you want
from now until midnight September 8th.
 A bunch of Unity stamps
 6 x 6 paper pad (to be determined)
& other random goodies.
Thanks for stopping by and
have a  blessed weekend!

17 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I hit the big 5-0 several years ago. Thanks for the chance to win goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your great cards! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so first....it IS an age thing...I've been saying it for 10 years now.

    I had a Psych professor in college (that I LAUGHED AT, silly young me that I was) that said (very simply)....time accelerates because over time a second is a smaller fragment of our life than when we are older.'

    for example...

    When we are newly born a day is almost our entire experience, but when we're 80 a day is almost insignificant because we have had so many.

    He also went on to add that it was his hypothesis that that same effect (time meaning less as we get older) explained why older folks drove so much slower. That the slow driving was a reaction to time speeding by. An attempt to compensate. It was a joke. But I paid attention. And remembered. I LOVED that class.

    I think that is why I paid attention. Because the driving experience explained something I could relate to. NOW...I can relate to the time passing. I just want to remember every day.

    OKAY, well, the novella......Let me just say that your cards are SO CUTE.

    AND...may you remember your baby niece Kelsey with the joy you experienced when you made that fab card because she was OH SO SWEET

    As well as the simple joy of connection you had when you sent that wonderful XMAS card to a deserving friend.

    Because well, YIKES...time passes WAY TOO QUICK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gwen: This is just adorable, and I would be SO THRILLED to have you share it and link up with us again at Word Art Wednesday. We love to see our participants share their work each week, and hope you will consider playing along. You, and your lovely work, are such a blessing to us. I hope you can play along. It's always better with all our crafty friends!
    Wishing you a beautiful week,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are TERRIFIC! As for the age thing? Welcome to the other side of the hill :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that stamp. I have it but haven't used it yet. Tks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gwen, these are gorgeous cards! Yes, time does seem to move faster as I get older. Totally not fair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gwen - love the cards as usual! Very pretty! I've been saying the same thing - where is the month going to and where did it go? I'm not too far away from the big 5-0 either and while I'm not crazy about getting older I am definitely glad to still be here to celebrate another one! :) I hope you have a fantastic birthday! Our Anniversary is on Sept 10th - 29 years - I noticed you and your hubby have been together or known each other since the age of 15, me and my hubby too. Started dating in Middle School or 'going together' was the term back then. :) We've pretty much been together ever since. Congrats also on your 30 years together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE that baby carriage stamp. It's similar to the Pink Persimmon one, but I think I like this one even better. Super cute!
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!