Friday, December 11, 2009

Merry Friends with Flair Day!!

Thanks for stopping by on this Unity FWF Friday! We are getting so close to Christmas!!!
I'm glad I could be part of the hop again. We are very thankful to be done with harvest and fieldwork just in time before the cold weather and a SNOWSTORM hit here in southwest MN.
My first card for you today is a Christmas card I have made for my parents this year. Our family has decided that since my parents have everything they need that we would support a charity in their honor. Since my dad LOVES trees of all kinds and has been planting trees all his life, I decided to buy some fruit trees through Samaritan's Purse's gift catalog. The trees will not only give a needy family food to eat, but produce to sell, shade to sit in, and will help stop erosion. Check it out, they have everything from chickens to life-saving mosquito nets.
ANYWAY, to go along with the fruit tree theme, I used Unity's partridge in a pear tree stamp from the June KOM. I embossed the partridge and paper-pieced the pears, added some jewels and rick rack and scored three lines along the side. (Paper is Hobby Lobby & the Paper Studio)
I like the way it turned out and I'm sure my parents will, too!!
You can also check out the challenge over at Moxie Fab World to create a Christmas card with a "critter" on it!! Lots of adorable creatures to see over there!

My second card this week is a combination of Unity's ladybug stamps. A friend needed some encouragement while hospitalized so this is what I made for her:
Have a great hop and don't forget to watch for that blinkie that Unity
asks someone to include on their FWF blog!

Paper: MME check her out
Stamps: Unity June KOM, Little Buggers, & Sending My Love
Ink: ColorBox black, Martha Stewart markers tangerine, Crayola red pencil
Accessories: Basic Grey ribbon, Such Sweet Teirney button, Offray ribbon
Tools: Martha Stewart lace doily edge punch

11 comments:

  1. great cards---love the pink pears! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pink pears are cute. Luv the bug card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous card Gwen...LOVE then both!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those lady bugs! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO sweet! The ladybugs are just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards they are both so pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gwen!
    Nice take on the Moxie Fab World Critters challenge!

    Teri
    Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something about your partridge in a pear tree that is so delightful! Love how you embossed the partridge to make it really stand out! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!