Friday, November 29, 2013

11.29.13

Wow! Can't believe how quickly the year is winding 
down! But still a few FWFs left to enjoy in 2013!
I've got a bunch of pictures so we can get right 
to it! Unity's BLOG is the place to find all the details!

First up is a bday card for my fil.
I used the BeInspired sketch for
this month's challenge.


Unity candles and the circle stamp
heat embossed and pinched out.

My next project is inspired by May Flaum
and her post HERE. I LOVE how she
made her gift card holder from the coffee cuff.
I am linking this up to Eclectic Paperie's


Front above. Festive Berried DI,  Ranger Stickles
in Ruby Slippers & Clear Rock Candy. The
circle stamp is heat embossed & 
has Glossy Accents on it.

Below is the back side


Inside we have Spellbinders snowflake dies, 
coated with more Rock Candy Stickles.
I usually put a layer of waxed paper
between the die and the paper.
Couldn't bear to throw them away
so you can see 2 of them I used here.


The pocket and blue stars are 
cut out of the empty coffee cup.
Faux stitching around the pocket,
ran my paper piercer along the edges
and used the holes for spacing.


Lots and lots of Unity stamps here.
I realize I have a Starbucks card in a
Caribou Coffee cuff!


Here is a card cased from one on
Kristina Werner's blog, Day 13 of


Since I used BG's Out of Print papers,
I'm linking it up to the Basic Grey

Thanks for stopping by, have a great 
post-Thanksgiving weekend and 
first week of Advent!

22 comments:

  1. You've been busy, Gwen. Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects. Love the coffee cuff giftcard holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are beautiful~I LOVE that snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely set of cards. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute gift card holder. Love me some stickles and the Glossy accent. I've never tried wax paper with the dies but will. The little snowman is as cute as can be. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy busy bee! Love all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your FIL will love that card -- made just for him, for sure! That gift card holder is awesome. It makes me wish I drank coffee so I could get one of those holders myself. I'm going to have to hit up my coffee drinking friends to save them for me. I love that you used the wax paper snow flakes. I'm the same way -- hate to throw them out when they look so perfect! And your Susan K Weckesser snowman card is adorable. That's one of my all-time favorite snowmen. Yeah, Advent this Sunday. I spent quite a bit of time this morning organizing my music. I've got Oct/Nov put away, and Advent/Christmas ready to go. Now, if only I was ready...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have been busy! Love your card and the gift card holders recycled from coffee cuffs are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards and awesome coffee cuff gift card holder! I saved some of those-now I need to try making one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the card for your FIL! Everything is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A 'sewn-in' pocket inside a recycled coffee cuff . . . makes me swoon!! Beautiful project and wonderful recycling idea!! Thank you so much for playing along with the ETeam picks challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helloooo Gwen and wow you have been soooo busy!! Loving each and everyone of your projects but your recycled coffee cuff...oh my...stunning recycled art with gorgeous detail!!
    I am so happy you joined in over at eclectic Paperie Gwen.
    Wishing you and the family a lovely weekend.
    Big hugs
    Tracy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are terrific. The masculine one is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are terrific. The masculine one is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all fabulous! i love the gift card holder. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, look at you, such a busy bee! Great projects, all of them! :) Who wouldn't love one of those awesome gift card holders, too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great projects! Great masculine birthday card, I _love_ the cup sleeve/gift card holder idea, and the Christmas card is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute projects. Love the gift card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cards are wonderful but that gift card holder is so fun. What a fabulous idea and execution. Love the bright colours and the amount of detail you have included. The stamping, die cuts, sparkle and shine will all let the receiver know that they are in for something special. Love that it's a recycled cuff...something that most people throw away. Glad you linked up to the eclectic Paperie Recycling challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful projects! I especially love that last card!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!