Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude Day 14

EDUCATION

What important things did
 you learn at school?
I was blessed to be able to attend
Protestant Christian schools all my life.
I got to have Bible class every day and
the older I get the more I understand what
a priviledge it was.  My parents sacrificed
financially so that my sisters & I could do this.



What have you learned of value
since leaving school?
All of the life lessons that
can't be taught!  How to have a
great marriange, how to rear
children who honor God and respect others.
Many gardening & farming skills,

With the rise of online courses have
you continued to learn new things?
DH and I love to study things online
on our own.  I've learned many
things about card-making and
art journaling and love to keep learning.

What new techniques have you
learned that you are thankful for?
How to art journal.  I didn't think
I was an artist because I can't draw,
but I've found out I really enjoy
expressing myself creatively.
Heat embossing, coloring with Copics,
and using Distress Inks are just
3 fun techniques that are easy yet
look like they took lots of time.

Learn to do right; seek justice.
Defend the oppressed.
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
plead the case of the widow.
Isaiah 1:17


I didn't have any liquid pearls so I mixed
molding paste, green latex paint and
Perfect Pearls powder.  The paste had a tiny bit of
shine to it before I ModPodged over top.

I had some paste left and didn't want to waste
it so I smoothed it over my snowflake mask
& I love how that turned out, I love it more than
my journal page! :)

You can't see the depth, unless you enlarge it a bunch!

2 comments:

  1. Well done in the chemistry lab concocting your own formula for this challenge. I think you are VERY arty. It is amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it isn't it? Green snowflakes as excellent! I adore your use of colour on your page, do you use paints or inks there? BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with all the experimenting. Love your page

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!