Tuesday, November 6, 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude-Day 6

Day 6-Being thankful for
Technology

What items make your life easier?
Since I am a "stay at home wife/empty nester",
things like washer/dryer, hot water heater,
microwave/stove, etc. are things
that make my life easier.
I ENJOY others things more,
like smart phone, internet, Silhouette...
you get the idea!

Here is my attempt to do the ghosting
technique.  The left side had dp on it and the
color wash didn't take to the paper like it
did on the right side.  However, you can see
 the alphabet letters on the lower left side
that responded to the water misting.

Which item would you least like to lose?
I would most hate to lose the first
set of things because they seem far more
like necessities than the second set!
But I would REALLY miss my smart phone!
(We are sooo spoiled!)

I didn't like how the first page was more
pinkish and the rest was orange. 

So I grabbed the Rusty Hinge DI
and made some changes to the first page.

And here is my finished page:

I added some numbers and letters to
symbolize technology but when I really
stopped to think about it, I realized that
what I need is a break from technology
& the best way to get that is to get into
God's Word and also to see the beauty
all around us that comes from God.
THAT is where I feel the rest
 God promises in this verse.
What items are you most thankful for?
This may be a "cheating" answer.
Although I am thankful for all the
technological things in life, I am
so eternally grateful for God's Word.
One of the things I included on my journal
page is my ESV Bible App...I love that
I can get God's Word anywhere at anytime.
Technology is great but even better
when we use it to glorify God!

2 comments:

Love to read your thoughts!