Friday, May 11, 2012

05.11.12 FWF

Welcome to a
Check out their blog to see
lots of great creations.

 Two VERY different cards for
you to look at today!

I've been playing with
some faux metal techniques
because there is a challenge
make a card with metal.
(Come play along, challenge
lasts all month.)
I pretty much got entralled
by this tutorial called
So here is my case of
her postcard.  I used my panel
on this grad card.

Sentiment is from To the Moon & Back KOM
Mortarboard was a free studio file,
 inked it directly from the inkpad.
American Thickers numbers &
mesh from orange bag under foil,
foil tape from Ace Hardware
black acrylic paint

So my second card is about as
different from this as you can get...
all colorful and sweet.
This is for the

Echo Park Country Drive
papers & banner

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a blessed weekend!

21 comments:

  1. Love both cards. Happy FWF Friday and thanks for you love on my Layout at SCS!
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen! Both cards are so Gorgeous! The metal technique looks so cool, and your second card is totally Sweet!! I want an ice-cream cone just like that;) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the ice cream card--love it sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards - love the metal effect - will need to give that a try. Love that ice cream cone, I think I need to ink up that stamp pretty soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Gwen! The first one looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the distressed metal look for the Grad card. Love the cone on the second, and was real glad to see it colored. It is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your distressed metal graduation card! The ice cream cone looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So different and so nice. Love the icecream cones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your metallic card is amazing! And your second card is so sweet. Like them both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great cards....GRADUATION...yikes. I have several to start thinking about.

    And OH SO LOVE the colorful and fun ice cream card. When I was a kid, I always wanted to get "The Kitchen Sink" at this ice cream parlor/hamburger joint nearby....it had 21 scoops, lots of different toppings, cherries, and whipped cream! But I never got it because I would feel SO GUILTY if I was able to even eat 1/4 of it.

    Anyway, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that ice cream tower...delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of your cards are amazing, but I really love how happy and colorful the ice cream card is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that icecream tower is so sweet! (pun intended) great job! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are great. I'm really drawn to that metallic graduation card though. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, talk about an eclectic mix of cards. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards!!! That metal tape art is absolutely FABULOUS!!! Love the bright and cheerful colors on the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards! that metal tape art is fabulous!!! Love the bright and cheerful colors on the second one!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!