Time for the cards I
made for this week's
challenges.
I made two cards using the
same verse which comes
from the WAW challenge #16 HERE.
This verse is such a
great reminder to stop
in all the busyness of life
and recognize that God
is God and He is in control
and I AM NOT!!
I started with a plain kraft card
and swiped it with Picket Fence
Distress Stain, misted it with two color washes
and then went over it with more stain.
I wasn't happy with it so I stamped
the Distressed Dots from
Unity with white ink.
The panel behind the sentiment
is sticky-back canvas that I
had painted, misted, stamped, etc.
awhile ago. (You can see
The second card is for
the SSIC challenge #127 to use a
flower; a reminder to be a sweet
fragrance of the LORD for
all the world to see.
I used a Spellbinders die cut for
the pink flower (& the flourish & the
sentiment panel..Ornate Artisan set)
and a MS edge punch with flowers.
I guess both pp have flowers, as well!
Have a blessed Sunday!









Both cards are beautiful. I really loving distressing technique myself. Thanks for playing with us at WAW.
ReplyDeleteBoth are so pretty, I like your technique for the first...the dp background is great!! And the flower on the second is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!
ReplyDeleteOh Gwen, Both are beautiful. I love the one for Word Art, the way you went about using your technique. Really like that one. And the one for Stampin Sister's is beautiful. I love the colors together and your flourish. You did good girl...God Bless joann sassy raggedy
ReplyDeleteHi Gwen: Your cards are just lovely, and we are SO blessed that you chose to play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. You are a delight, and we're blessed to have you join us. We pray that God will bless you richly for using His precious Word to make such beautiful art for us this week, and we really hope to have you join us again this coming Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you!
Karen - Design Team Member
Gwen, Congratulations on your win at Word Art. Your card was beautiful...joann sassy raggedy
ReplyDelete