Friday, January 27, 2012

01.27.12 FWF

Did you see the UnityTV
episode on working with
sticky-back canvas?  You
can see it HERE on YouTube.
I just had to try it and it is
 loads of fun!!

Here is a pic of my canvas after
I finished with the gesso, paint,
color wash, distress stain and ink.
I don't know how many stamps
I used on it, but they are all Unity.
are two of them.

Here are a couple cards using
the canvas.  BTW, you can also emboss
on the canvas....check out the butterflies.
I just stuck some paper on the back
of the wing that I wanted to pop up a bit.

The canvas adds great texture to a
card you want to be flat enough
to put into the mail.

 I ran some through my Big Shot
and it cut just fine.

Edit: Forgot to link these up to Unity's
New Beginnings Challenge.
Butterflies & Hope always remind me
of new beginnings!
Give it a try, love this stuff!
Hope you have fun looking
at all the Unity projects!
The list of everyone playing along
is on their blog HERE.

17 comments:

  1. The canvas you created is wonderful! How great to be able to use every bit of it! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss that episode? I love what you did with the canvas. The cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gwen! Wow, love the canvas piece you created!! Even more amazing are the cards you made from them. They are so gorgeous!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful piece of art! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooo cool! Love the cards you created from the canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That canvas is amazing and your cards are both so pretty! I need to find me some of that sticky back canvas ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the inspiration...these are GORGEOUS. They have such an artsy feel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this creative idea. Your canvas and cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative. Love how you play with materials. Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both wonderful! I really love the butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. geat butterflies for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the canvas--what a great idea! can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your butterflies- they have a little bit of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous projects! Those CAS cards are sweet. I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, gorgeous cards, Gwen! I watched that video and I'm so tempted to give it a shot but I need to get the supplies first so it'll be a while. I really love what you've done here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gwen your canvas elements are just wonderful, I really love the butterflies. I have some of this sticky back canvas and your beautiful cards have inspired me to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such gorgeous cards, using your great canvas, gwen:) the grandkids are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!