Friday, August 21, 2009

Color Combo, Sketch for Birthday Wishes

*This card made the Top 10 at Scrapmaster's Paradise this week!!
This card is for my dear "niece-in-law"!!
Scrapmaster's Paradise has a color challenge every week. Check it out here! This week's is green galore, soft suede, and whisper white. I didn't have the exact shades so tried to get as close as I could with what I had on hand. Entries are due on Sunday the 23rd.
I used the Paper Studio brown textured cardstock and don't have a name on the striped paper....sorry! Stamps are Unity KOTMs May and August. Ribbon is Offray, ink is Stampabilities Walnut, the brads are from a packet of goodies I won awhile back. I used a Martha Stewart Granny Smith marker on the heart and wings and then dotted them with Stickles.
I based this on the SCS sketch 242 that they have up this week.

14 comments:

  1. Great use of the color combo! Thanks for playing with SPCC.

    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the colors - a very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card and FABULOUS use of these colors! Your blog is a lot of fun, too. May I just share that I'm partial to your "grandaughter #2" {in name, of course: I'm sure all of your babies are wonderful! hee hee} Have a fabulous and crafty weekend and keep up the GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors look great!! Awesome card!!
    So glad you joined us this week at SPCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great jobs on the colours here - they look fantastic on this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the heart with wings! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love the fact you turned a tall card on it's side. Thanks for playing at SPCC!

    Melisa-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gwen, What a delight to find your blog. You have some beautiful creations! I love getting inspiration for my own designs from the many participants on Women to Women: Sharing Jesus. Thank you so much for becoming a recent follower. We're so happy to have you! We rejoice that you want to join us in exalting the name of Christ. Hope you'll come back often. I'm so glad I could follow you back here to your blog. Intend to spend the day in my craftroom today!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Great job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! I love the heart with wings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeus card, such a good job with the
    SPCC colour combo

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!