Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Day 9 Soft & Subtle

Holiday Style Card Class is about
soft & subtle colors and that includes
water-coloring.
As soon as I saw Michelle's'soft
water-colored background an idea for how to 
give our kids their annual Christmas tree
ornament popped into my head!


My end results don't look very
soft & subtle but my water-coloring
behind the stars fits the bill. I added yellow
and gray splatters for interest and then some
Perfect Pearls mist.

One of the cards uses smooshing
with an acetate sheet and watercolor.
I used my MISTI to double stamp the sentiment
with Hickory Smoke ink on each card.


Canson #140 watercolor paper
Artist's Loft watercolors
Brilliance galaxy gold ink
Perfect Pearls
Stampers Anonymous Season's Silhouettes
CHF sentiment
Hickory Smoke DI
Stars handmade in Haiti, 


The story behind giving our kids ornaments
made in Haiti: In 1997 I went to Pignon, Haiti,
with our oldest daughter on a mission trip to do some 
painting and other work for a hospital there.
Check out Promise for Haiti. At the county
fair we went to this September there was a 
booth selling these ornaments to support
people in Haiti. I knew I had found the perfect
ornament for this year's gift to the kids.



2 comments:

Love to read your thoughts!