Friday, March 21, 2014

03/21/14 FWF

Another Friday, another week has
flown by, spring is finally
here and we are 3 weeks
from DD2's wedding! I may be
freaking out just a little! Really
needed today to play in my studio
and play along with Unity's FWF.
Check out their blog HERE for details.
 
Our church is having a bridal shower
for DD on March 30. They have
asked people to make a scrapbook
page to assemble into a book to give
to DD. Here is the page I've been
working on this week and finished up
just now.  Have to turn it in Sunday.


She was 2 1/2 in the first photo & the
other one is one of their engagement
photos from October. We have prayed
for a godly man for her and God has
certainly answered yes!
 
 
Their colors are very similar to the Be Inspired
Challenge for this week.  The shades of
rose with pale blue dresses, gray suits.

 
 I used LOL sets:
Spring Inspired
Full Circle Moment
Paper Hearts
Itty Bitty: Trust with your Heart
Grab Bag: God's Timing
Generations & T from Frame That Alpha
Scotch and TH washi tapes
Heidi Swapp Stencil w/ Golden molding
 paste, heat embossed with ZING! Brown Sugar ep
Splatters are Picket Fence Distress Stain
& pink paint I mixed myself.
Die cuts are Sizzix Scalloped Rectangles
& SB Romantic Rectangles
CHF Ages Sheet Music
Paper hearts from flower girl basket,
see THIS POST for details.
Frames were dry embossed with
TH woodgrain embossing folder.
Pale blue machine stitching.
 
The "C" stamp DD ordered for their
favor bags. The blessing tag on the
layout was one I made before she decided
on the one in the picture below.
 
 
She is bringing Hershey Kisses with
macadamia nuts to put in the bags.
 Apparently they only sell them in Hawaii!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  You may or may
not be hearing from me the next few weeks
but I'll post wedding pics when I can!
Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember those last weeks of prep. Blessings to your family for a wonderful event. Love all of your little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous page and layout! the photos are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet layout, love the little flags/banners grouped together, and the cute little hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout. It is a great Then and Now project. It will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout, Gwen. It will definitely be treasured by your daughter. Looking forward to the wedding pics. Best wishes to the couple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful layout, Gwen!! I love the design and the wonderful details and photos. I'm sure your daughter will love it. Enjoy the next few weeks, and we look forward to the wedding photos. Take care, and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice and very nice for the church to have everyone making a scrapbook page. That's really special. Blessings for the couple! Hugs--Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout and cute favor bags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gwen, this is wonderful! Your daughter will love it. She must be getting very excited! (and nervous!) good luck with everything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color in the corner of your layout. The stamping and sewing are great. The bags are adorable. Good luck in the next few weeks. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout! Congrats to your DD. May they have a long & happy life together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore those musical hearts. Precious!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!