Sunday, September 23, 2012

Anni Card for SSIC

My parents will celebrate their
61st Anniversary on the 27th
so I took some time today to
make this card for them.
I am entering this into the
 Challenge #158 to use something
handmade on your card.


I made my own background paper.
I used VersaMark to first stamp
Vintage Sheet Music and then
the honeycomb pattern I
found on a kitchen hotpad.

I also made the bird image
by stamping on sticky-back canvas
and then distressing it with
Scattered Straw DI.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Gwen - it is lovely to see you, it made my day! A beautiful card, love those handmade touches - they are perfect for this weeks Challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Thank you for your support - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gwen: Please know that our challenges are never as fun, or quite the same, unless all our friends are able to join us. So, I really hope that you will be able to join us and share one of your sweet cards in our challenge this week at Word Art Weekend. Your cards are always amazing and fun, and I hope to see your gorgeous work shared in our challenge this week.
    Have a blessed week, and stop by soon.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen - This is a great card! I love your back ground paper! And I really like how the bird looks with the script stamped on it (Or maybe that was the paper). Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week.

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!