Friday, September 16, 2011

Altered Notebook-FWF

Welcome to Unity's
Friends With Flair Friday!
Check out the links of
everyone playing along
HERE on Unity's blog.

I've been working on this
altered journal for awhile. 
When Unity said they were selling
 out their Suzi Blu stamps,
I knew I wanted another one to
use on projects like this.

I began with an orange notebook
a friend of mine gave me for a prayer journal.
I LOVE Basic Grey's Lemonade papers
so just used up lots of scraps,
Mod Podge-ing them onto the front.


Here is the finished journal.
I didn't Mod Podge over Suzi because I
love the sparkle of the Cryogen paper
that I use for coloring with Copics!

The green buckle on the ribbon
is cut out of cs with my Silhouette. 
I cut 4 of them and Mod Podged them
 together before coloring it with Copics.
Face E01, E00, E000, R20
Hair YR23, YR31, Y21, Y11
Shoes YG13, YG63
Buckle YG00, YG23


Don't you love these little birds?!
 Memento & Stazon black ink.

(Sorry for the glare)
Printed the verse out with PrintMaster
Painted the binding with Plaid paint
and Podged over the paint.
Stash rub-on & ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great weekend!

P.S. You can check out the post below this if you want to see my Moxie Fab Vertical Sketch Challenge card.  I used all "to the moon & back" KOM stamps on my card.


21 comments:

  1. What a great journal! I wish I had more time for fabulous projects like this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO fantastic! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love how you made the quilted look with all your scraps, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love love love this journal. Great colors and just love the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gwen, this is just lovelY! I love the mix of pattern papers you used, the colors and papers blend together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful journal. You are very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is fantastic!! What a wonderful and fun creation. A work of he{art}!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling journal! I really regert not getting any Suzi Blu stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute journal. I always forget to cut up the words like you did. I like the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out perfectly! Your Suzi Blu girl looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! Your Suzi looks amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gwen! This is SO fabulous!! Love what you did, such beautiful colours, and how you arranged everything together. Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so beautiful! What a great way to use up bits of paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fabulous Gwen! I love the use of scraps! I need to alter some notebooks for a craftfair, so hopefully this will kick me into gear! Hope all is well. We are harvesting some really ugly corn right now, though we did get a slight shower that slowed the process by 2 days already! When we need rain, nothing - when we don't need rain, we get wet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, oh my, oh my!!! This is too fabulous... I clapped my hands like a little girl. I LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cover!!! Love that Suzi Blu stamp!!! (=

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!