Sunday, April 17, 2011

Same Stamps-Two Cards-Tweet Tweet Challenge

I got a new stamp set this week--
  With Sympathy--and had to try it out for
 Unity Stamp Company's Tweet Tweet Challenge 
to use birds on a project. 
This card is also included today in
 "Jimmi's Sunday Favorites" on the Unity blog HERE!!


That card makes me feel depressed so I had to
 try the stamps on another card to cheer myself up! 

  I "swooshed" two ink pads across the cs,
 Ranger's butterscotch & SU's Really Rust,
 first from one direction then from the other.
Next I stamped the images with Memento tuxedo black ink
and ran the edges over the ink pad, too. 
The colors reminded me of Fall
so I added this sentiment and a strip of rust paper 
before mounting it onto the card.
 (The brown is not part of the card.)

Edit:  I told Jolande when her card was
featured on the Unity blog
 that I was going to case her card
 and then forgot to give credit to her!!
Check out her post HERE and scroll down,
you'll see her fabulous card!!

8 comments:

  1. Gwen, congrats on your feature! The all kraft card is stunning. I know the subject is depressing but the card is really beautiful. I love how you added colour to the images on the second version to make it a great thank you card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, BOTH of these are so beautiful!
    I love the simplicity of them :)
    thanks for playing along with our *tweet* challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards, Gwen...you always do such lovely work!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards I lovely and although the subject matter is sad I particularly love the kraft card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are stunning!! Simple and beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW.. blow me away gorgeous Gwen.. love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you some love. This card is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!