Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sketchy Thursday & Scripture Challenge

I combined the Second Chance Challenge sketch over at Sketchy Thursdays with Patter's Scripture Challenge for this week. The word to study is temptation. I felt like the paint spattering on the challenge would fit well with this topic, it kind of represents how sin messes up our lives when we give in to temptations. Thankfully, Jesus died to pay for those sins so we can get "cleaned up" when we ask Him to forgive us for falling into temptation!
The paper is Karen Foster Design Old Green Paint. I roughed up the edges and then dressed it up with brown spatter paint, PrintMaster, a vintage button and some machine stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Love how you used the paint spattering! Wonderful, and love you page with the stitching. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! I love the paint spatters and the stitching! I also love the contrast of the circle and the rectangles. Very nice!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! thanks for playing along with us! - heidi, sketchy thursdays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page and verse! Love the stitching! I've got to try that sometime...soon! I'm working on my temptation page now :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your thoughts!